Saturday, November 6, 2010

Ricks Pick: P.D.S.S. Totenkopf- Ljasnyja Braty

This Ricks Pick is going to the band P.D.S.S. Totenkopf for the cd Ljasnyja Braty. This is a black/ Pagan metal band from Belarus and this cd was their first full length. It was released in 2006 by Othal Productions. Black metal is a genre that I have never really gotten into, but more and more I have been finding myself listening to bands with a sound similar to P.D.S.S. and there are several that I do like. This particular cd combines some metal and black metal together as well as some folkish music and piano/ keyboards on some songs. I also like the vocals which are a bit more scratchy and don`t quite hit the high pitch screams found in a lot of bm bands. There are 16 songs on this cd as well as a great cover of the Absurd song Stahl Blitz Kalt. I have posted an mp3 here for the song New Time and the cd is also now available here at Label 56

No comments:

Post a Comment